Mishloach Manot FAQ

What’s new this year?

We now have 4 flat rate bundles to make ordering easier and more economical:

• $18 for all Clergy (includes all 3 Rabbis, the Cantor and the Ritual Director)
  • $18 for all Religious School and Youth Staff (includes all teachers and admins)
  • $18for all Preschool (includes all teachers and admins)
  • $18for all Office & Facilities staff

I am considered out of the delivery area, but would really like to receive a package instead of a card – Do you have an option for me?

Yes! While we cannot deliver your package to your home, we will be happy to have you come pick it up. You’ll need to let us know at the beginning of ordering (late January) so we can indicate online that you will be receiving a GIFT PACKAGE and not a card. Then, please mark your calendar — If you are lucky enough to be receiving a package, you will need to pick it up at TE Reisman Hall on Sunday, March 1st between 12-3PM. If you sign up to deliver packages, you’ll already be there!

What if I prefer not to order online? 

No worries!  Paper Forms are available in the Blum Executive Office at Temple Emanuel. Checks will be accepted as payment for your paper order, if you do not select the reciprocity option. If you do select this option, you must pay with a credit card and we will contact you for this information.

What should I do if I will not be home to receive a delivery between March 1-10? 

You can donate your mishloach manot by checking off the box in your profile to donate. (We donate to Family Table and Yad Chessed.) Or you can send a note to mishloachmanot@templeemanuel.com to make arrangements to have someone pick it up at Temple Emanuel on March 1st.

Can I order mishloach manot for people that are not members of Temple Emanuel?

While the program is really for Temple Emanuel members, there are 2 options that will help you to do this.

1: You can order additional gift packages (for $18 each) to give to anyone you’d like. You’ll need to pick up these packages at TE on Sunday, March 1st.

2: You can order gift packages to be shipped to anyone – anywhere in the US (for $36 each).

How does the reciprocity feature work? 

Here is an example. Susan logs into happypurim.com and selects 10 families as recipients at a total cost of $60. She pays online with her credit card and receives a receipt. At the end of the ordering period in late February, the system determines that 3 families are sending to Susan that she has not selected as recipients. The system will automatically add these 3 families to Susan’s list and charge Susan $18. She will receive a second receipt for the additional $18. Susan will see this as a new charge on her credit card. Remember, this is an OPTIONAL feature. If you are at all concerned about additional charges, please do NOT select the reciprocity option.

Will all Temple Emanuel members receive mishloach manot as part of this program? 

No. Only those members who are selected as a recipient by TE member(s) will receive a Purim gift or greeting, but last year we did deliver to over 950 TE families!

I understand that not all TE members will be lucky enough to receive mishloach manot. Can I donate money to send to some families (perhaps members that are ill or families that are new to our community?) who would not otherwise be receiving? 

Yes! We have included an option for you to donate additional funds for this purpose.  We work with the clergy and the TE Chesed committee to identify members who might appreciate the additional outreach.

Will the mishloach manot gifts be kosher? 

Yes, all edible contents of the mishloach manot gifts are certified kosher.

Will the system remember who I sent to last year and who sent to me?  

Yes! If you participated in the program last year, the system has saved the names of those you sent mishloach manot to and of those who sent to you. They will be automatically checked off for you. You will be able to review these names (and uncheck them if you’d like) before placing your order.

Is the website secure? 

Yes, HappyPurim.com is very serious about security. They use 256-bit encryption to ensure the security of personal information and credit card numbers submitted to their servers. HappyPurim.com is tested and certified daily to pass the “McAfee Secure” Security Scan, ensuring that their systems are free from potential vulnerabilities and complies with the Payment Card Industries Data Security Standard (PCI compliant).

What about privacy? 

Membership data belongs to Temple Emanuel, not to Happy Purim LLC. They will not share, sell, or distribute membership data to anyone.

What if I need help while I’m on the happypurim.com website? 

For technical support please contact support@happypurim.com

I would prefer not to receive emails regarding this program. How do I have my name removed?

Our reminder emails are only sent to those who have not placed an order. Once you do place an order, you will no longer receive weekly reminder emails. If you would prefer not to receive ANY emails on this program, just send us a note at misloachmanot@templeemanuel.com and we will remove your email address.

Since this is a fundraiser, what are the funds used for?

Funds raised enable Sisterhood to support Family Table, who feeds hungry Jewish families in our community, Yad Chessed, who provides support for rent, medical bills and groceries to local Jewish families, and to sponsor TE holiday programming, Tot Shabbat, taxis on Shabbat for the elderly, camp scholarships and so much more!

You must need help in assembling and delivering the mishloach manot. How can I help? 

YES we do!! Our package-assembly event is both popular and FUN! And everyone finds delivering packages to be particularly rewarding. Please volunteer to help out this year and join in the fun! We will assemble the gifts on Sunday March 1st (in Reisman at 11am) and deliver gift packages within our own neighborhoods between March 1-10. To volunteer, simply respond to the profile question asking for volunteers on the secure happypurim program website, or email us directly at mishloachmanot@templeemanuel.com.