- This event has passed.
The Ongoing Relevance of Anne Frank in Latin America
November 1, 2018 @ 7:30 pm
Gann Academy is pleased to join Brandeis University’s HBI Project in Latin American Jewish & Gender Studies and other cosponsors for “A Latin American Pen, A Global Memory: Imagining Anne Frank Today”
Riemer-Goldstein Theater, JCC Greater Boston
333 Nahanton St. Newton, MA
The event will feature a dramatic reading of Marjorie Agosín’s illustrated book Anne: Imagining the Diary of Anne Frank, which will be accompanied by a multimedia presentation and a moderated conversation with the author and illustrator about the ongoing relevance of Anne Frank in Latin America.
Accompanied by a panel discussion about the ongoing relevance of Anne Frank in Latin America.
– Dalia Wassner , Ph.D. -HBI Project in Latin Amer ican Jewish & Gender Studies , Brandeis University
– Marjorie Agosín, Ph.D. – Author and Professor of Spanish, Wellesley College
– Francisca Yáñez– Illustrator , graphic designer and visual artist
– Nisha Sajnani, Ph.D. – Director , Drama Therapy Program, New York University
– Sandra Mayo – Printmaker and mixed media artist
Co-sponsors : JCC Greater Boston ∙ Facing History & Ourselves ∙ Hadassah Boston ∙ Jewish Women’ s Archive ∙ Gann Academy ∙ Temple Beth Zion