The Temple Emanuel Youth Choirs & Band
Without a doubt, music has a special place in our children’s lives. During moments of celebration, music has the magical ability to give voice to our emotions and to our feelings of shared humanity.
There is no better way to elevate our spirits and our connection to Jewish community than singing with friends and bringing joy to others.
Through the experience of choral singing, children learn the beautiful language of music, appreciate its poetry and rhythm, and develop leadership skills.
Under the talented and nurturing direction of our choral director, Eugenia Gerstein, the wide repertoire of music, including modern Israeli, liturgical and even rap, offers an exciting musical journey for each age group and provides an array of performance opportunities at both synagogue events and in the greater Jewish community.
We are proud to offer this fun, spirited activity to our Temple Emanuel youth!
Our Youth Choirs are open to all Temple Emanuel children who love to sing:
- Kol Keff (grades 1-3)
- Kol Kapella (grader 4-5)
- Guys in Ties (Boys group, grades 3-6)
- Polkadots (Girls group, grades 4-7)
- Rimonim (High School, grades 9-10)
- Mazaltones (High School)
For more information, please contact Eugenia Gerstein, choral director at 617-620-6876.
Mazaltones – A Cappella Group for High School students!
- Sing a variety of jazz, folk, country and traditional arrangements of Jewish songs
- Make recordings at the iGenesis Music Studio at Temple Emanuel
- Learn how to make your voice unique and sound great
- Meet with your friends for singing and having a good time
- Learn your part online* with your friends
- Share your art with friends, post the recordings on your facebook page, bring it to camp and school
- Create a blog and have non-stop conversations about singing
- Sing at Temple Emanuel celebrations for 600+ people
For more information please contact Eugenia Gerstein, choral director at 617-620-6876
Tizmoret Emanuel (Ensemble): The teens music band
Join this wonderful band of talented young musicians!
Cantor Rosemberg leads this unique ensemble which performs 3 times a year on Simchat Torah eve, in our Hanukkah celebration, and at our Purim Megillah reading. Contact the Cantor Elias Rosemberg for more information.