Welcome! B’ruchim Haba’im!
Welcome to Temple Emanuel Preschool. Founded in 1937, we have been educating young children for over 70 years. Our school provides programs for students ages 15 months through 5 years. I am honored to be working with your children as they start their educational journey and begin their life-long love of learning and Jewish living.
Located at Temple Emanuel in the heart of Newton Center, we have a modern, safe and fun environment for your child to imagine, explore and grow. We have a large indoor multi-purpose area dedicated to the preschool, as well as our own playground and outdoor classroom and exploration area. We are also privileged to have access to other areas of the synagogue to allow us to celebrate with our families and the larger Temple Emanuel community for events such as our Sukkot breakfast and our Thanksgiving feast. We celebrate Shabbat on Friday mornings through song, books and challah which quickly becomes the children’s favorite day of the week.
We are pleased to offer a traditional morning program, as well as early drop-off and extended day options. It is truly a delight for me to get to watch your children shine and grow throughout the year.
B’Shalom, Andrea Shapiro
Early Childhood Director
Our Objectives Are to:
- Provide a warm, nurturing and happy environment for your child
- Create an enriching environment where your child can grow emotionally and cognitively
- Encourage your child’s independence and foster a positive self-image
- Develop problem-solving, communication and socialization skills
- Instill a love of Judaism, Jewish values and sense of community spirit
- Focus on each child’s needs and interests individually
- Enhance child’s creativity, desire to learn, question and discover