Temple Emanuel is honored to be a Synagogue Partner of the Ruderman Synagogue Inclusion Project (RSIP), working to create a community where people of all abilities are welcomed, valued equally and able to participate fully. Being a RSIP Synagogue Partner will connect Temple Emanuel with the resources, expertise, and training in order to be a more welcoming synagogue.
“We hope our partnership with the Ruderman Synagogue Inclusion Program will accomplish two worthy goals. One, it will allow us to do right by all the persons who enter our community. Two, whatever we learn, we are happy to share with other synagogues and communal organizations in Greater Boston. Together, may all of us in Jewish communal life seek, find and respond to the Tzelem Elohim, the image of God, that is in every one of us.” – Rabbi Wes Gardenswartz
Open hearts. Open minds. Open doors. Accessibility for All.
- Large Print Prayerbooks and page magnifiers are available at the back of the Rabbi Samuel Chiel Sanctuary.
- Assistive listening devices are available at the back of the Rabbi Samuel Chiel Sanctuary and Gann Chapel.
- Feel free to borrow a fidget toy at any time during the service. These toys can be found at the back of the Rabbi Samuel Chiel Sanctuary.
- Ask our ushers about preferred seating for people with wheelchairs, walkers, visual or hearing impairments, or other special needs.
- Classroom 23 is open for children and their parents to take a break from services if needed.
- For the privacy and comfort of nursing mothers, there is a women’s lounge in the entry to the
- restroom next to the elevator open for your use.
- Highchairs are set up and available during Kiddush for families with young children.
- An Accessible Family Restroom is located in the Bride’s Room, conveniently located on
- the main floor.
- Please tell our ushers if there is any other way we can help to meet your needs.
Stars of David
The Temple Emanuel Stars of David Group provides developmentally delayed adults an opportunity to meet and socialize with others. Jewish Holidays are celebrated together, and interesting programs are offered each month. Members of our congregation serve on the special needs committee and attend programs.
For more information about membership or volunteering to be on the committee, please contact Sheryl & Steve Dropkin, at 617-244-5641. Please do not call during Shabbat.