As of May 12th, 2022, we have updated our policy to Masks required synagogue-wide.
Masks are required in all our synagogue spaces for all members and visitors.
Our medical advisers have several recommendations for helping to keep Temple Emanuel a safer place for all:
- Continue to monitor daily for COVID-19 symptoms. If you have a fever or any respiratory symptoms (regardless of your COVID rapid test results), stay home!
- We continue to require all those who enter Temple Emanuel to be fully up-to-date on all applicable vaccinations for COVID-19 and other immunizations per CDC guidelines for your age and medical conditions.
- If you, your family members, or friends are at high risk of having complications from COVID-19, please be cautious and wear a mask.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19, adhere to all CDC guidelines regarding isolation and mask-wearing. During your isolation period, please join us online rather than in person.
- If you just recovered from COVID and are returning to services, we are pleased that you are feeling better; welcome back. Until you are 10 days from your first symptoms or first positive test, please don’t unmask to eat next to others, even outside.
- Wash or use hand sanitizer after shaking hands or using shared utensils at kiddush and before putting your hands near your face.
- If you are at high risk of complications from COVID-19 due to immunosuppression, speak with your healthcare provider about whether you are eligible for preventative treatment, such as Evusheld. Treatments are available for COVID-19, including oral medications and monoclonal antibodies. If you get COVID-19, contact your healthcare provider to discuss whether you should receive treatment.
For updates on COVD-19, masking guidance, and more, head to the CDC website.
Below, you will find detailed information regarding COVID-19 protocols for our Preschool, Religious School, B’nei Mitzvah, and General Building Protocols.
All events or programs with food, or that require the removal of masks, whether a private rental or Temple Emanuel program, must take place outside of our building.
As always, if you or anyone in your family is not feeling well, please exercise caution and join us virtually.
*School protocols may differ. See specific school guidelines below.
Events and Programs at Temple Emanuel
We continue to host events both virtually, via our livestream/zoom, and in the building. Please check out events calendar for upcoming events.
- Teen Events
All teens must be vaccinated to attend in-person events. For the safety of our teens and staff, the Solomon Youth Lounge is not in use at this time.
When traveling as a group by bus, teens will be seated one to a seat, windows down and will wear masks covering mouth and nose a all times. Food will be served outdoors and eaten only once those in attendance can be socially distanced.
- TE Tots & Tot Shabbat
To be maximally protective of our youngest participants who are not yet able to be vaccinated, some of whom cannot yet wear masks, we require all participants at Tot Shabbat & TETot programming over the age of 2 to wear a protective face mask. Thank you for your support.
For more information please contact Erin Moseley, Associate Director
Rental Events at Temple Emanuel
Our building is available for rentals without capacity limitations for indoor and outdoor spaces. As of March 11th, we have adopted a “mask optional” policy synagogue wide as long as the individuals are vaccinated. Masks remain warmly welcomed in all our synagogue spaces.
With the updated mask policy private events with consumption of food and beverages are welcomed back indoors. At this time, we are not at the point of allowing indoor dancing while food and drink are being served. All caterers must continue to be masked. We have two beautiful outdoor spaces that are available for private events.
For more information about private rentals please contact Katelyn Bellina, Event & Logistics Manager.