Mishloach Manot Frequently Asked Questions

• What’s new this year?

Our bag assembly event will be held on Sunday, March 17th at 11AM in Reisman Hall. Please join us! It’s always a lot of fun!

We ARE looking for volunteers to deliver mishloach manot between March 17-24! Please sign up for a delivery route here or send us an e-mail at mishloachmanot@templeemanuel.com.

In addition to supporting Yad Chessed and Family Table, donations from this year’s program will also benefit Israel.

• Since this is a fundraiser, what are the funds used for?

Funds raised enable Sisterhood to support TE activities (like holiday programming, camp scholarships and taxis for the elderly on Shabbat) AND charitable organizations. Specifically, we support Family Table, who feeds hungry Jewish families in our community and Yad Chessed, who provides support for living expenses like rent, medical bills and groceries, to local Jewish families. In addition, donations from this year’s program will benefit Israel.

• What if I prefer not to order online?

No worries! Call us at 617-558-8181 to place your order by phone or download the paper order form and send the completed form along with your check to the address on the form.

• What if I will not be home to receive a delivery between March 17th – 24th ?

You can donate your mishloach manot by checking off the box in your profile to donate. (We donate to Family Table and Yad Chessed charitable organizations. In addition, donations from this year’s program will benefit Israel.)

• Can I order mishloach manot for people that are not members of Temple Emanuel?

While the program is really for Temple Emanuel members, there is an option to order gift packages to be shipped to anyone – anywhere in the US (for $54 each). 

• What if I can’t find my login-code?

No worries! Look for our e-mail from February 19th or just visit www.happypurim.com and click on “forgot code” to have your code e-mailed to you.

• Are the mishloach manot gifts kosher? 

Yes, all edible contents of the mishloach manot gifts are certified kosher.

• Are the mishloach manot gifts nut-free?

Yes, the edible contents are all nut-free, although we cannot guarantee that they were produced in nut-free facilities.

• Can I purchase additional gift bags to give to non-TE families?

Yes. This is an available option when you place your order online or by phone. Note that you will need to come to Temple Emanuel to pick up your additional bags on Sunday, March 17th, between 12-3PM. Additional bags will not be delivered. 

• How does the reciprocity feature work? 

Here is an example. Susan logs into happypurim.com and selects 10 families as recipients at a total cost of $70. She pays online with her credit card and receives a receipt. At the end of the ordering period in early March, the system determines that 3 families are sending to Susan whom she has not selected as recipients. The system will automatically add these 3 families to Susan’s list and charge Susan $21. She will receive a second receipt for the additional $21. Susan will see this as a new charge on her credit card. Remember, this is an OPTIONAL feature. If you are at all concerned about additional charges, please do NOT select the reciprocity option.

• Will all Temple Emanuel members receive mishloach manot as part of this program? 

No. Only those members who are selected as a recipient by TE member(s) will receive a Purim gift or greeting, but last year we did deliver to over 1200 TE families! 

• I understand that not all TE members will be lucky enough to receive mishloach manot. Can I donate money to send to some families (perhaps, for example, members that are elderly or ill) who would not otherwise be receiving? 

Yes! We have included an option for you to donate additional funds for this purpose.  We work with the clergy and the TE Chesed committee to identify members who might appreciate the additional outreach. 

• Will the system remember who I sent to last year and who sent to me? 

Yes! If you participated in the program last year, the system has saved the names of those you sent mishloach manot to and of those who sent to you. They will be highlighted for you. You will be able to review these names before placing your order.

• Is the website secure? 

Yes, HappyPurim.com is very serious about security. They use 256-bit encryption to ensure the security of personal information and credit card numbers submitted to their servers. HappyPurim.com is tested and certified daily to pass the “McAfee Secure” Security Scan, ensuring that their systems are free from potential vulnerabilities and complies with the Payment Card Industries Data Security Standard (PCI compliant). 

• What about privacy? 

Membership data belongs to Temple Emanuel, not to Happy Purim LLC. They will not share, sell, or distribute membership data to anyone.

For technical support please contact support@happypurim.com.

• I would prefer not to receive emails regarding this program. How do I have my name removed?

Our reminder emails are only sent to those who have not placed an order. Once you do place an order, you will no longer receive reminder emails.  If you would prefer not to receive ANY emails on this program, you can log onto the website and edit your own profile, or just send us a note at mishloachmanot@templeemanuel.com and we will remove your email address.

• You must need help in delivering the mishloach manot. How can I help? 

Yes, we do!! Sign up for a delivery route here or send us an e-mail at mishloachmanot@templeemanuel.com.

Thanks!!