Youth & USY
Livin’ the Chai Life in the Harry Kraft Youth Department @ Temple Emanuel
The Harry Kraft Youth Department offers exciting social, religious and educational programming for children in grades 3-12. Many of our events occur at the synagogue, such as USY Shabbat dinners, Chanukah parties, lounge nights, Snowball Dance and Purim Carnival. Other events occur off-site, like snow tubing, movie nights, Red Sox games, mini golf, hayrides, etc. Our highlight program is the 9th and 10th Grade Teen Israel Trip. We currently have over 200 members in our Kadima/USY program and an additional 80+ youth who participate in our other activities.
Get Social! Find us on Instagram!
How can Parents get involved?
- Learn more about our amazing Youth programs offered and share with your kids
- Register your kids for the Youth Department. Registration is available online in the fall and throughout the year.
- Sign up your kids for events!
- Encourage your children to hang out in the Solomon Youth lounge before Religious School.
- Be a part of the Youth Council and help strategize and implement our youth engagement programs and philosophy.
Various opportunities to do community service with your children within and outside of the synagogue.
Our goal is to provide a place for your children to enjoy being with their friends in an informal Jewish setting, make new friends, and have fun and learn at the same time. We look forward to seeing your child (ren) soon at Temple Emanuel!
Our youth are integrally involved with many of the shul-wide activities including reading Torah on the High Holidays and Shabbat, leading High Holiday and Shabbat services , celebrating Purim and Simchat Torah and participating in mitzvah projects with Cradles to Crayons, Family Table, Hebrew Senior Life and other organizations.